Computer & Communication Engineering Instructor
SABIS® University is seeking candidates for a full-time faculty position in Computer & Communication Engineering for its Erbil, Kurdistan campus.
- Teaching Computer & Communication Engineering courses at the College of Engineering.
- Responsible for curriculum development.
- Responsible for advising and recruitment of undergraduate students.
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining contacts with business and industry personnel.
- Expected to serve on department, college, and university committees.
- Enable the success of student academic achievement through implementation of the SABIS® curriculum and philosophy.
- Ensure proper planning and follow up for the academic progress of all students.
- Report regularly to the chair/dean regarding students’ performance and challenges, with recommendations for action and a summary of actions taken.
- Fulfill a requirement of 30 student contact hours per week.
- PhD in relevant subject area
- Appropriate experience in higher-education teaching is preferred
- Leadership and team management skills
- Interpersonal and communication skills
- Organizational and self-management skills; Ability to handle multiple responsibilities effectively
- Goal orientation; Planning and execution skills
- Problem solving abilities
- Dependability; Readiness to go above and beyond when necessary to reach goals
Must meet all employment requirements including, but not limited to, country and local education and certification requirements, reference checks, and criminal background checks